May 08, 2010

I Am Blessed To Be A Mother

Mother's Day is just around the corner and I am feeling all soft and warm inside just thinking about my little boy and what it means to be a mother.

I remember that day so vividly. I was with my hubby at the hospital for my check-up. My baby was 2 weeks overdue and didn't seem to be in any rush to come into the world. The doctor had to give him a bit of a prompting. After an hour of labour, we welcome HS into our lives. My parents and my in-laws were so excited because he's their first grandchild (which means he's in for a lot of pampering).

From that day on, my life was just an incredible journey of discovery with my little boy. I am blessed to be able to share his 'firsts'... his first cry, his first smile, his first little wriggle, his first crawl, his first little step, his first hug, his first little teeth, his first word, his first day at nursery, his first drawing, his first song... and the list goes on.

I still remember the first flower he gave me. He was just 1 year old then. My hubby was playing with him at the field and my baby got the urge to pluck a daffodil amongst the grass. With the little flower in his tiny hand, he indicated for his daddy to carry him and find his mummy (that's me!). It's amazing how he did that... he still haven't started talking but his daddy always seem to understand him. His little face look so sweet with his tiny mouth smiling when he gave me the flower. Precious moment.

He is such a sweet and loving boy, so independent, resourceful and intelligent. He always know how to work his magic on the people around him, especially the elderly. He seem to know when people are sad or unhappy and will start making these cute little faces or say funny jokes in an effort to cheer them up.

I am so blessed and happy to have him in my life. I love you my little 'popo' (precious).

All mother's have their special stories about their children and we are all such better persons because of them.

I would like to dedicate the video below to my mother, my mother-in-law and all the lovely mothers in the world.

Happy Mother's Day! Selamat Hari Ibu!

Warm wishes,
Sany Woo


Related Posts